[K12OSN] Load-balancing and failover how-to

Christopher K. Johnson ckjohnson at gwi.net
Mon Sep 5 12:48:06 UTC 2005

David Trask wrote:

>Acutally...setting up another smbldap server would be really
>nice....do you know of a good how-to that will help me do that?

This week I am tied up getting out documentation for a software release,
but next week I could spend some time working on it with you.
Here's a starting point for you - ldap replication:
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin23/replication.html
When configuring slapd.conf on the replica be sure to duplicate the
schema files added to the original ldap server's configuration.  Add
another account on the replica that is just for replication and add
entries into the ldap ACL on the replica granting it full update
privileges.  We can work on that together.

Chris

   Chris Johnson, RHCE #807000448202021