[K12OSN] Cant login on ldap server as root

Brian Chivers brian at portsmouth-college.ac.uk
Tue Sep 6 07:55:09 UTC 2005

big at santaz.dk wrote:
> Hi there i have a BIG problem. I cant login on my ldap server as root or
> anybody
>
> If i try to login as root it says roots home path is on /home/root if i go
> past this it tells me that systemadministrator has disabled my account ??
>
> Anyone ??
>
> Jesper
> In deep shit...

It's not the nscd problem again. I seem to remember I had this problem on my test server, I used
webmin to restart nscd and it was OK.

Have a look back through the archive for nscd fault's, I think there is a new version now that is
more reliable or just disable it.

If you don't have webmin I'm not sure how you'd restart it.

Brian