[K12OSN] No apps in IceWM under Gnome submenu in K12LTSP 4.4.1

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Tue Sep 6 22:24:27 UTC 2005

Although I couldn't find a way around this exact issue....here's what I
did to get many of the programs fom Gnome into IceWM.  I ran a program
called MenuMaker....this generated many menu items for me for things like
the Gnome Games...etc.  I then simply edited that down to what I wanted.
Worked pretty good and still kept out a lot of the fluff.

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Tue Sep  6 2005 at 11:46 +0000 wrote:
>In previous releases of K12LTSP, if one chose the IceWM, there was a
>Gnome submenu off
>the main menu that contained all the apps that one see if the Gnome
>desktop was chosen.
>  This was a good way of having access to all the Gnome apps without the
>overhead of
>running Gnome itself.  But in the 4.4.1 release of K12LTSP, while there
>is a Gnome
>submenu, none of the apps are there, just some things like Font Catalog,
>Theme Catalog,
>About Gnome, Search for Files, etc.  It seems like it's just a mix of the
>Places and
>Desktop menus from Gnome.  What builds the Gnome submenu that's under
>IceWM?
>
>Petre

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator