[K12OSN] Using thin client as a jetdirect device]

Jim McQuillan jam at mcquil.com
Thu Sep 8 13:49:22 UTC 2005

John,

Set this in lts.conf:

    SCREEN_01 = shell

Then boot the client, and watch for errors.  Maybe it's having a problem

Once you get to a bash prompt, then look for lp_server to be running:

   ps -elf

See if you see lp_server.  If not, then you need to figure out why it's
not getting started.

Try this:

  getltscfg PRINTER_0_DEVICE

see if you get some output

also do the same for PRINTER_0_TYPE

And, what version of LTSP are you using?

There was a bug with printing back in LTSP-4.0 and previous.  It had to
do with looking for PRINTER_1_TYPE, rather than _0_

Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org