[K12OSN] K12LTSP across the Wan

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Thu Sep 8 14:11:02 UTC 2005

While the NX protocol from No Machine seems likely to make this feasible, allowing for X
over slow links, I don't think anyone on this list has widely used it.  The consensus so
far seems to be you'll have better luck with running the server locally.  Not to say you
couldn't try using NX, but you'll be blazing some new territory.  OTOH, if you pull it
off, I'm sure many on the list would like to know the details.

Petre