[K12OSN] Mysql and php

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu Sep 8 17:52:57 UTC 2005

> I did try info.php and that is when I got the
> Forbidden statement.
>
> Any other suggestions?

Do you have a line like the following in Global Environment section of
your httpd.conf?

Include conf.d/*.conf

If so you will want a file named php.conf in your conf.d directory with
the following information:
------start php.conf---------
#
# PHP is an HTML-embedded scripting language which attempts to make it
# easy for developers to write dynamically generated webpages.
#

LoadModule php4_module modules/libphp4.so

#
# Cause the PHP interpreter handle files with a .php extension.
#
<Files *.php*>
    SetOutputFilter PHP
    SetInputFilter PHP
    LimitRequestBody 524288
</Files>

#
# Add index.php to the list of files that will be served as directory
#
DirectoryIndex index.php index.php3

If you do not have the Include conf.d/*.conf directive in your Apache
you will want to include the contents of the php.conf file into your
httpd.conf.  Without this information Apache will not know what to do
with .php files and may give you the error.  The conf.d folder would be
under your /etc/httpd/ folder, or at least where you conf folder resides
that contains your httpd.conf.

Hope that helps.