[K12OSN] /usr/bin/ssh-agent -s

Rich McCue rmccue at law.uvic.ca
Fri Sep 9 15:05:23 UTC 2005

Thanks Robert... that fixed the problem perfectly!

I'm in Victoria, BC, and am getting a computer club setup in my kids elementary school so we can sneak a LTSP solution in the back door.

Thanks to everyone for all your help.

Rich

On 9/8/05, Rich McCue <rmccue at law.uvic.ca> wrote:

>> I'm running K12LTSP 4.2.1, and I'm not sure why, but I have about 50
>> "/usr/bin/ssh-agent -s" processes for closed sessions hanging around.
>> They date back to the last reboot of the terminal server. Is this
>> normal? Outside of using a "kill -9" command how can I elegantly clean
>> up all these dead processes?

I reported this as a kind of memory leak a while ago. Edit
/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc-common
comment out (#) the line near the end with ssh-agent then reboot or kill all
existing ssh-agent pids.

BTW I'm in Vancouver.
-- Robert Arkiletian C++ GUI tutorial http://fltk.org/links.php?V19