[K12OSN] Some "community friendly" presentation ideas

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Sat Sep 10 03:15:22 UTC 2005

I'm presenting "Linux" to our local community and school board members
on Monday.  It was going to be a small presentation to show our board
what Linux was, but now it's in the local paper, and I expect quite a crowd.

I don't have a lab of thin clients, so I'll be booting a lab of iMacs to
a server.  It'll be a fresh install of 4.4.1 set up just for the
session.  Any thing you suggest for some real "eye openers" that might
get oohs and aaahs?

Thanks for any advice.  I'm not used to presenting to non-geeks,
normally I talk about Linux to a crowd of techies...

-Shawn
--
Shawn Powers
Technology Director