[K12OSN] How to make wireless_ltsp

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Wed Sep 14 14:13:59 UTC 2005

I, too, followed the wiki, but unfortunately my card, a Cisco Aironet 350, while
seemingly recognized by the wireless floppy, gave a bunch of unexpected responses and
wouldn't finish booting.  (The Knoppix method works, which is still impressive).  The
README in the wireless package mentions that it works only with a small number of
wireless cards.  Is this limitation because of the use of a 2.4.x kernel which didn't
have as much support for wireless cards as does 2.6.x?  In other words, would there be
broader support for various wireless cards if we could use a 2.6 kernel on the floppy?
As I understand it, the 2.6 kernel is too big to fit on a floppy.  Would building a
custom kernel, with support for the particular card compiled in, and using that on the
floppy, work?

Petre