[K12OSN] Releasing Fl_TeacherTool 0.1

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 23:47:16 UTC 2005

On 9/15/05, David Trask <dtrask at vcsvikings.org> wrote:

> Now for a challenge....I run two K12LTSP servers in dhcp failover/load
> balancing mode...with a third Samba/LDAP machine for authentication and
> home dirs.  Works fantastic except for the fact that now I have to use
> TeacherTool in two places....any ideas on how we might be able to set it
> up so that one TeacherTool can monitor both servers?  Even possible?

I don't have your dual redundant server system but from what I can
imagine both servers have to have different ip's on eth0 so one must
be 192.168.0.254 and the other (?) They both hand out ip's
(alternating) so if one goes down the other picks up the slack.
However, the problem I'm having implementing this is that I can't seem
to figure out how to netstat the other server without actually going
there with ssh. This long line in my code

netstat -t -e|grep x11|sed -e 's/:/ /g'|awk '{print $9,$6}'|grep -v
root|grep -v $LOGNAME|grep -v gdm|sort|uniq

is used to get usernames and hostnames of the clients. I looked
briefly at man netstat but can't seem to figure out if it's even
possible to netstat your other server. If you could figure this out I
think I could code it. Obviously you would have to test it.

--
Robert Arkiletian