[K12OSN] Resolution

Samps samps at unplugd.com
Mon Sep 19 01:26:22 UTC 2005

gKw-X wrote:

> Hello,
>
> A number of PCs were donated to the school, but some of the monitors are
> fairly old. When I boot up into k12 on them, once it gets to the login
> screen it goes black. I'm assuming this is because the monitors don't
> support the resolution it's running at. How can I lower the resolution
> for client PCs? Is there any way to lower it only for certain machines?
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

matt,

In lts.conf you can specify the resolution and colour depth that each
workstation should use.

An example:

[00:90:27:76:67:80]
    XSERVER        = auto
    X_MODE_0           = "1024x768"
    X_COLOR_DEPTH    = 15

means that the workstation with a network card address of
00:90:27:76:67:80 should try to start a screen in a 1024x768 pixel
reesolution, using 15 bits worth of colours.

There's many more parameters that can be tweaked an d the lts.conf has
numerous examples in  its comments.

cheers
Samps