[K12OSN] What are you using for failover?

Mark Sarria mes4294 at lausd.k12.ca.us
Mon Sep 19 18:15:10 UTC 2005

Hello List

After reading the string on "Power outage - ldap stopped working" I would
like to know what mechanisms are in place in your location for failover. Do
you have a PDC-BDC setup in your network environment? or are you using LDAP
replication for failover? I would like a sense of what is being used so I
may implement this in my network.

Reading the "Power outage - ldap stopped working", I was able to perform a
backup of /home and my ldap db. I am now currently installing Fedora Core 3
on a second server, but not sure how I am going to set it up.

Thanks for your responds.

--mark