[K12OSN] Printer GUI

Terrell Prudé, Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Mon Sep 19 23:43:26 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 18:06 -0500, Mark Cockrell wrote:

> >The redhat printing stuff....simply install it from the CD
> >

> David,
>     Thanks for the reply, but I'm going to need a little more detail
> than that.  First, the server is somewhat remote.  Is there any way I
> can do it via apt/yum/etc?  If not, how do I need to go about installing
> it from the cd?

Google is your friend, Mark.

Give this a whirl:  "yum install system-config-printer".  That's the
package that I do on K12LTSP 4.2.1EL.  I'm assuming that it's the same
with Fedora Core 4.

>From the GUI, you'd choose either the GNOME or KDE "Start" button,
System Settings, and then Add/Remove Applications.

Just curious:  if the server's remote, how are you getting the desktop?

--TP