[K12OSN] My YUM is broken, any suggestions please

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Tue Sep 20 04:42:38 UTC 2005

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Steve Hampton wrote:

> Hi Group,
>
> I have recently installed the K12LTSP 4.2 package at the begining of the
> school year and I did an everything install on the server. I had everything
> finally configured just the way I wanted. I love this stuff. However, I have
> recently ran into a problem with yum. When I run the update I get the
> following error at the end.
>
> Error: Missing Dependency: mozilla = 37:1.7.3 is needed by package epiphany
>
> And then yum stops. If somone can please tell me how to get around this. I
> don't really need epiphany so if removing it would fix this I could do that,
> or if any one has another way I am open for suggestions. Thanks.
>
> Steve Hampton
> Technology Instructor
> Swain County High School

Are you still seeing the error?

I just checked on one of my servers that is still running 4.2 and it resolved
the dependancies correctly.

If it is still broken, here is a couple things to try/check:

   1) Cleaning out yum's cache & retry the update:

            yum clean all
            yum update

   2) Check to see if the K12LTSP repository file has been modified:

            rpm -Vf /etc/yum.repos.d/k12ltsp.repo

      This command will have no output if none of these files have
      been modified.

   3) Post the contents of your /etc/yum.repos.d/k12ltsp.repo file

   4) And if all else fails & you don't use epiphany...

           rpm -e epiphany

-Eric