[K12OSN] Printer GUI

Mark Cockrell cockrell at honeygroveisd.net
Tue Sep 20 13:10:27 UTC 2005

> Google is your friend, Mark.

I Googled (Oh what we're doing to the English language!) for hours
before I approached the list.

> Give this a whirl:  "yum install system-config-printer".  That's the
> package that I do on K12LTSP 4.2.1EL.  I'm assuming that it's the same
> with Fedora Core 4.

That's the first thing I tried.  Yum says it's already installed and up
to date, but I can't find it anywhere.

> >From the GUI, you'd choose either the GNOME or KDE "Start" button,
> System Settings, and then Add/Remove Applications.

 Would that be the "Synaptic Package Manager?"  I fiddled with that for
a while, but once again I can't find anything not already installed.

> Just curious:  if the server's remote, how are you getting the desktop?

VNC over T1.

--
C-ya,
Mark