[K12OSN] Slightly OT- installing Yellow Dog

Andrew Fisk andy at spitcomp.com
Tue Sep 20 18:10:14 UTC 2005

Are you using an Apple brand keyboard -- if not wait till you get the
happy mac icon at startup before holding down the C -- some third
party keyboards seem to confuse the Mac

Other thoughts -- do you have the hard drive set as your startup disk
-- just like on an intel box -- if you tell it to boot from a hard
drive it won't boot from CD -- you might even try specifying the CD
as your boot disk.

Last but not least the tried and true zap the parameter ram (turn the
machine on while holding down Command - option -- P - R) and wait for
the startup chimes to sound again then try the C option again.

If none of that works you might want to unplug the internal drive and
make sure your CD will boot the machine

Last but not least -- the boat anchor suggestion has merit

Andy
Spitfire Computer Services
441 Beaver Street
Suite 202