[K12OSN] DHCP

gKw-X gkw-x at shaw.ca
Wed Sep 21 19:27:28 UTC 2005

The proxy is a redhat server, and I have root access to it. I'm not the
one that configured it so I'm not sure what his reasoning was for
setting it up the way it is, but transparent proxy sounds like it would
be good... They have a lot of problems because of proxy settings, they
always think the internet doesn't work when it's just that the browser
settings were wrong...

Is it very difficult to set up transparent proxy? Anyone have a link
handy that explains it? I found one and it talks about recompiling the
kernel... I don't think I want to get into that.