[K12OSN] Numlock

Gideon Romm ltsp at symbio-technologies.com
Thu Sep 22 20:51:31 UTC 2005

Mark-

Two common mistakes are not making the setnumlock file executable, and
also putting the "/usr/sbin/setnumlock" entry in the GDM Presession
script at the very end (instead of before the "exit" statement).

Of course, it could also be that you are not using gdm, but given that
you are posting to the K12LTSP list, I assume you are....  :)

It *should* turn on numlock upon login.  If you checked all of the
above, and it still doesn't work, try adding the line to the end of
the /etc/X11/gdm/Init or /etc/X11/gdm/PostLogin/Default
(gdm keeps changing things on me... ;) )

HTH,

-Gadi