[K12OSN] My vision needs feedback.

Terrell Prudé, Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Fri Sep 23 11:26:03 UTC 2005

Not saying the idea doesn't have merit.  But how do you address the
issue of laptops that get either broken and/or stolen, regardless of the
OS running on them?  In my district, we see that issue with the adults;
they're always dropping the things on the floor and breaking them, or
the laptop might grow legs.  Then you have what Andy Fisk points out in
another post in this thread, that children are much harder on these
things than are adults.  Children will, unfortunately, rip off things
quicker than adults will.

David, if you know of a way to successfully mitigate these issues, then
I would *love* to hear them!  Laptops ain't cheap to either fix or
replace.

--TP