[K12OSN] Roaming profiles

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Sep 23 12:35:51 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-23 at 06:54, Mark Gumprecht wrote:
> Heeeeeelp. Roaming profiles on the /opt partition are growing rapidly.
> What can one do after the cow is out the barn? Is it possible to set a
> manditory profile after the fact? How about adding a hard drive and grow
> the partition? Any thoughts? I obviously didn't plan well....

Somewhere on the list a while back there was a discussion about
how to force registry settings to move the default place to
save things to a server drive which seems much more sane
than what roaming profiles does.  Does anyone remember the
resolution to that.

Also, it isn't particularly hard to add a drive and move
a directory or partition.  Or if you are using LVM you
can merge in a new partition to grow it.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com