[K12OSN] Roaming profiles

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Fri Sep 23 14:50:47 UTC 2005

Mark....where does /home live?  One thing I do is tell users to move many
of their docs to /home (which is mapped via a login script to drive F: and
shows up in "My Computer") thus saving them instantly instead of on log
off...and since /home is on a bigger drive on my Samba/LDAP
server...(/home is it's own partition on it's own drive thus allowing me
to RAID it)....another idea....you can write a script to copy the users
important profile data to a folder in /home/username  and then wipe all
the profiles and do mandatory from here on in.  I have a backup script
that copies important profile data such as My Documents...etc.  to a
folder in /home/username   for backup....I can share it if you'd like.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcsvikings.org