[K12OSN] settings in lts.conf to support ATI Mach64 for X server

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Sun Sep 25 21:44:43 UTC 2005

I have a potential thin client with an on-board ATI Mach64 chipset for
video.  It's an old 486, but has PCI slots, so the Universal Boot Floppy
is able to recognize the ethernet card.  But I can't figure out what X
server to set for it in lts.conf.  I've tried setting X = ati (for XFree
4) and virtually all the XFree 3 drivers, but I mostly get "no screens
found" errors.  What driver (presumably XFree 3) do I need to install to
make this work?  What package do I need to have yum pull down?  BTW,
this is for k12ltsp ver 4.4.1.

Petre