[K12OSN] extras repository

Angus Carr acarr at saskforestcentre.ca
Mon Sep 26 15:07:07 UTC 2005

There's a name conflict in the yum repositories on my FC4->K12ltsp
machine. It's installed with FC4, then followed Eric's instructions for
installing K12LTSP 4.4.1.

When I yum anything, I get told "extras already added" or some similar
message. I checked the repositories, and the k12ltsp extras and the
fedora extras both register a repository "extras". I  changed the
repository name in the k12 file, and the message stops.

Should this be added to the wiki instructions, or should it be fixed? Is
it a bug that bites anyone else?

FC4 includes the extras repository by default, but FC3 didn't. Is this
minor issue coming out of that switch?

Any thoughts?

Angus Carr.