[K12OSN] extras repository

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Mon Sep 26 17:30:49 UTC 2005

Angus Carr wrote:
> There's a name conflict in the yum repositories on my FC4->K12ltsp
> machine. It's installed with FC4, then followed Eric's instructions for
> installing K12LTSP 4.4.1.
>
> When I yum anything, I get told "extras already added" or some similar
> message. I checked the repositories, and the k12ltsp extras and the
> fedora extras both register a repository "extras". I  changed the
> repository name in the k12 file, and the message stops.
>
> Should this be added to the wiki instructions, or should it be fixed? Is
> it a bug that bites anyone else?
>
> FC4 includes the extras repository by default, but FC3 didn't. Is this
> minor issue coming out of that switch?
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Angus Carr.

This is more of a minor "annoyance" than a bug. I fixed it a couple of
of weeks ago, in k12ltsp-release-4.4.1-2.noarch.rpm

I'll be putting out a k12ltsp-release-4.4.1-3.noarch.rpm within the next
couple of days. This will include the new support in Yum for multiple
GPG keys per repository (which will help K12LTSP since the repository
contains packages from multiple sources).

-Eric