[K12OSN] 8 Minutes to Open Open Office 2

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Wed Sep 28 18:35:22 UTC 2005

On Sep 28, 2005, at 2:28 PM, R. Scott Belford wrote:
> Has anyone else experienced this, and does anyone have suggestions
> for a solution other than bagging 4.4.1 for now?

I would check that the /etc/hosts file is populated with info for all
your clients.  A hang that long sounds like a DNS issue to me.

Is the CPU spiked during that 8 minutes?  Is the memory maxed out?
Does the second instance pop right up, or each start takes that long?

-Shawn, who would love to be in Hawaii  ;o)