[K12OSN] PANIC: Upcoming presentation looms

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Wed Sep 28 19:00:50 UTC 2005

Rob Owens wrote:
> If all else fails, try replacing your switch.  I went
> through weeks of troubleshooting config files only to
> find out that my switch wasn't "agreeing" with my
> server.  The best test setup would be to use a
> crossover cable between the server and the thin
> client.

I have been following this issue with the intensity of someone sitting
on $600 in 'bad' switches.  I have tried the fixes here

http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/NFS

to no avail.  It does seem that there are some switches on the market
that Munge the whole NFS packet negotiation.  I am clueless as to what
else it is, and I will give one of my 6 useless TrendNet switches to the
person who solves the issue.  You have to come to Hawaii to get it, though.

> -Rob

--scott