[K12OSN] Firefox Crashing Clients

Daniel Loomis drloomis at cox-internet.com
Thu Sep 29 16:37:40 UTC 2005

Thanks for all the suggestions on how to address our problems with
Firefox crashing clients.  I have enabled swap globally and set it for
64m.  I also replaced Firefox-1.0.6 with 1.0.3 and reinstalled the
flash-plugin.  I also discovered that one of our ThinkNICs was getting a
little flaky and replaced it with a generic pc.  All of our thin client
have at least 64mb of ram.  Some have 128mb.  With the added swap, there
should not be any problems with running short on memory.

Our preschoolers will be back on Monday.  I should find out rather
quickly if the changes were effective.  I will report on how it goes.

Dan