[K12OSN] 8 Minutes to Open Open Office 2

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Thu Sep 29 20:04:22 UTC 2005

Never one to pass up on a chance to beat a dead horse: I looked back through the thread,
but some things are unclear to me.  Do you see this same lag when just one terminal
loads OOo?  Say you're the first person of the day to login at a terminal, all other
terminals are just showing the login screen; is OOo slow to load in this case?  If not,
does it slow down when just two or three people try to load it?  Does it get slower as
more terminals try to simultaneously load it?  Or is there a threshold of terminals that
must try to open it to make it really bog down (to 8 minutes)?  Does it load slowly at
the console?

I don't have any answers, I'm just looking for clues.  Have you mentioned this on any of
the OOo lists?

Petre