[K12OSN] 8 Minutes to Open Open Office 2

Stephen J. Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 20:36:59 UTC 2005

On 9/29/05, R. Scott Belford <scott at hosef.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 September 2005 11:21 am, R. Scott Belford wrote:
> >
> > We have witnessed that the slow loads exist after the first, second,
> > third, etc. launches.
>

> Given the death of this thread, I am assuming that no one else on this list is

It is usual to consider a thread dead if no one has replied after a
week. 24 hours is not a dead thread. Can you answer items from
previous emails and some things I just throught of?

1) Have you run prelink?
2) Have you looked in dmesg for error messages about network problems?
3) What is the network backbone of your system? [Switch, hub, gigabit,
10mbit, etc?] OOfice is a large app with a lot of window touching...
network mismatches between the server or clients and switch can show
up on this and not other apps.
4) What does top/ps say?

--
Stephen J Smoogen.