[K12OSN] Authenticating from an OSX LDAP Server

Selzler, Bruce SelzlerB at esuhsd.org
Thu Sep 29 22:42:18 UTC 2005

Hello Team,

I have a k12LTSP server running as a "stand alone" server with local
authentication. I want to change the authentication method to LDAP
services being run on an OSX server (Tiger).

I'm entering what I believe to be the correct server information in the
Gnome authentication module.  However it doesn't seem to authenticate.
Although there is an odd twist to this.

I have an account with the same username on both servers.  "selzlerb".
On the k12ltsp server the password for this (local) account is different
from the password on the OSX server.  I can log on to the LTSP server
with the username and the password from the OSX (remote) server.

Doing this had me thinking it was actually working.  But I can't log on
to any other account that should be authenticated via the OSX server.
Anyone have any advice?

Let me know what you think.

- Sez

Bruce Selzler