[K12OSN] Sound bug?

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Fri Sep 30 12:55:07 UTC 2005

On Sep 30, 2005, at 3:12 AM, Espen Vorland wrote:

> Setting REMOTE_SOUND_HACKS=YES in /etc/sysconfig/k12ltsp does not
> have any effect at
> all, due to an error in the cron script /etc/cron.hourly/
> ltsp_esd_hack.

Not really an error -- if you read the note above the
REMOTE_SOUND_HACKS setting, it mentions a wrapper for ESD so that it
appears to be /dev/dsp.  This is a much earlier hack.  I have mine
set to "NO" and added into that file

FLASH_SOUND_HACK=YES

Which makes it work nicely.

The only bug I've found is that sound only works for the first person
logging in.  A different user cannot have working sound, they must
restart the thin client.  It's not too showstopping, but annoying at
times.  (We don't have a lab of thin clients, so it hasn't been an
issue really)

-Shawn