[K12OSN] exporting home directories

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Fri Sep 30 15:11:09 UTC 2005

Add the following to /etc/fstab:

server1:/home /home nfs rsize=8192,wsize=8192,intr 0 0

where server1 is machine where the home directories actually live.  The fourth field,
with the rsize and other parameters, is open to debate with respect to the various
parameters.  See the man page on fstab for more info.  Note that if you try to boot the
client box (where you have the above command installed) and server1 is not up, there's a
good chance that the client box will hang.  Since the home directories won't be
available anyway, that may not be a likely problem.  But it's a gotcha to note.

Petre