[K12OSN] How do I...?

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Fri Sep 30 17:01:35 UTC 2005

On Sep 30, 2005, at 12:57 PM, jconlon1 at elp.rr.com wrote:

> What do I need to do to make an HP scanjet6500 scanner work from a
> thin
> client?

There may be an answer, but you could install a full install of Linux
on a computer, and mount /home remotely.  That particular computer
wouldn't be a thin client, but it would be running linux, and perform
the same.  If it was the "scanner" computer, kids could log into it
in order to use the scanner.

The places I use scanners in linux have a smallish server in the room
with a handful of thin clients.  The scanner is plugged into the
server itself, and the thin clients can use it just fine.

That may not help much in your situation, but it's what we do here.

-Shawn