[K12OSN] booting terminal client from hd

Edward Holcroft edward at netday.org.za
Sat Apr 1 05:02:27 UTC 2006

Hi

On 31 Mar 2006, at 10:00 PM, antonello wrote:

> I think I must have read somewhere in this list about the
> possibility of installing the boot sequence on a minimal hd in the
> thin client, thus avoiding the use of floppies or bootable nics.
> Any ideas?

Andy Rabagliati of Wizzy fame  has set up a VERY easy little routine
for doing this down here in South Africa. Check out http://
www.wizzy.org.za/article/articlestatic/14/1/2/ for an overview and a
downloadable utility that practically does it all for you. He also
lists links to a range of alternative techniques for doing this.

cheers
ed