[K12OSN] Announce: K12WTSP

Mike Ely mely at rogueriver.k12.or.us
Sat Apr 1 18:40:28 UTC 2006

Hi all,

In between moving house and getting together my KDE-centric version of
K12LTSP, I managed to find time to throw together an announcement for an
entirely different way to put together a terminal server.  Some of the
advantages of this terminal server project are a very familiar user
interface, a surfeit of available packages, and excellent paid support
program.  On the downside, it may be more expensive in terms of server
hardware requirements and software cost, the UI isn't nearly as usable
as KDE or even Gnome, and the paid support staffer may speak a language
other than the one you expect.  It's also worth noting that I haven't
yet audited this implementation for security, so use at your own risk.

More details at my website here:
http://www.taupehat.com/k12wtsp/

Cheers,
Mike Ely