[K12OSN] Re: What would you use to build a school web site? (Jim Hays)

Paul VanGundy vangundypw at sau14.k12.nh.us
Sun Apr 2 21:59:05 UTC 2006

I agree with Tim. I did earlier say you *could* use Moodle but I would
definitely go with Joomla, Mambo or Website Baker (or any others that
Tim has mentioned). You can give permission based access with these
programs the same way you can in Moodle. Although you can use Moodle for
a website, it really is what it is and that is a course management
system, not a content management system. Either is your choice, but I
have personally used Moodle, Joomla, Mambo and Website Baker and think
for a website you'll be happier with Joomla or others mentioned based
off of my experience.

-Paul

To get an idea of what Moodle is like as a website go here:
www.nelinux.net