[K12OSN] Re: What would you use to build a school web site? (Jim Hays)

Maurice Last mlast at sd64.bc.ca
Mon Apr 3 19:38:57 UTC 2006

Steve and Khanya wrote:
> Matt Oquist wrote:
>>> From: Jim Hays <haysja at sages.us>
>>> Try Moodle.  http://moodle.org/
>>>

>> I was going to say it but Jim got to it first.  :)
>>
>> I second the motion - use Moodle.  It might be a while but it looks
>> like Moodle's heading toward having much better definition of roles
>> and permissions, so that you can give parents specific types of
>> access, etc.  Moodle is what I would use.
>>
>> --matt
>>
>> --
>> Open Source Software Engineering Consultant
>> http://majen.net/
>>   Dokeos is good and lighter for a smaller base www.dokeos.com

>> __________ NOD32 1.1463 (20060330) Information __________

>> http://www.eset.com

We are using ATutor for our course management system. It has some
features that made it more attractive than Moodle for us.

However if it is a school web page that is wanted and not a
course/content management system, then ATutor (and Moodle) will be too
limiting.

--
Maurice Last
ICT Curriculum Implementation Coordinator,