[K12OSN] Password Policy

Brad Johnson bjohnson at independence.k12.ia.us
Tue Apr 4 19:00:57 UTC 2006

I did try that but it didn't seem to work....however I didn't reboot
and I'm a little afraid to reboot.  Here's another interesting
item....if I change the password succesfully, it doesn't actually
seem to update in the ldap directory on the OS X server.  For
example, if my user initially logs in with a password of 'changeme'
and then successfully updates their password to 'changed', both
'changeme' and 'changed' will work when logging into the LTSP
machine.  However, if I attempt to again change the users password,
the LDAP password is still 'changeme'  Is the LTSP machine simply
keeping the 'changed' password in a password file locally?  Sorry for
the questions.....they make me sound pretty clueless about this
stuff, but it sure seemed like an easy way for my users to change
their passwords rather easily, since we don't have very many OS X
machines that our high school students have access to on the high
school campus.

Thanks a bunch,

Brad