[K12OSN] Another update to the FC5/LTSP4.2 test packages, LTSPFS appears to

Jim Christiansen christiansen_j at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 5 02:33:14 UTC 2006

Hi Eric,

Well, there never was any doubt, but to state it out load-  "You rule!"

I did an upgrade and I now have USB local stick appearing on the desktop.  I
yanked out the usb stick and stuck in a usb camera and it appears on the
desktop-  awesome!

I did have to do an rpm -U on a libfuse package, but I have really screwed
up a few rpms and also canned my browers (probably bad plugin dirs or
something- just like last year at school ;-) so I'll do another install of
fc5 64 bit.  this time I won't have all of the messy ltsp cvs stuff that I
tried to take a run with last week.

Thanks very much for your contributions.

Jim

I updated my test packages to today's LTSP CVS. The fancy new LTSPFS
feature is now working on our test server here at work.

So you testers know the drill... run "yum upgrade", make sure you have
"LOCAL_STORAGE=Y" in your lts.conf, reboot a terminal, and try sticking
in a USB key. If the magic works, you should get an icon on your desktop
for the device...

-Eric