[K12OSN] FUSE group on LTSP 4.2

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Apr 7 18:29:29 UTC 2006

On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 14:25:29 -0400, David Trask wrote
> Ok....just wondering....I heard a lot of talk at LinuxWorld and here
> on the list about making sure the user is a member of the "fuse"
> group in order to use the new local device feature.  My
> question....can we somehow make it so that all users are members of
> the fuse group?  (now I need to figure out how to script it for
> Samba/LDAP)....Matt?  :-)

I ran into that last night. In Ubuntu the user manager doesn't let you assign
groups to groups.  I did modify /etc/gshadow and /etc/group to add the "fuse"
group to the "users" group.  I then set the "users" group to the default group
for new users.

Will that work?  I fell asleep while waiting for things to download last night
and didn't finish testing :-)