[K12OSN] logic of group inside group

rmcdaniel at indata.us rmcdaniel at indata.us
Sat Apr 8 14:02:54 UTC 2006

I still can't understand the logic behind wanting to put a group inside
of another group.  The idea would be to give the parent group added
abilities/permissions.  If that was the case, then why not just give
the parent group those abilities and do away with the idea of a
subgroup?  It's just not making much sense for me...  I think that the
way Unix/Linux does it, add users to mulitple groups, makes the most
sense.  Excuse me, I'm just thinking out loud.  Small children could
get hurt;)

Ron

Ronald R. McDaniel
Conecuh County Schools