[K12OSN] logic of group inside group

rmcdaniel at indata.us rmcdaniel at indata.us
Sat Apr 8 16:35:31 UTC 2006

I follow what you are saying, however, you still are simply having a
student assigned to mulitple groups.  Running a script to assign to a
different group would be just as easy.  You do have to take into
consideration in your example that some students may fail or droup out
and not remain part of the Classof2008 group.

As for the group inside the other group, I don't see any difference than
just having a user be a member of multiple groups.  Aren't you still
trying to accomplish the same thing???  Hmmm, I guess that all groups
could be seen as a subgroup of root...  Grouping students by grad year
is a good example, then just add/remove another group as needed.  I
don't see this as a subgroup thing.

Wouldn't using setuid or setgid work with the "fuse" problem?

http://elibrary.fultus.com/technical/index.jsp?topic=/com.fultus.suse.guides/guides/9_1/suselinux-userguide_en/ch25s02.html

(sections 25.2.3 and 25.3.4)

I didn't develop the script posted earlier, just grabbed parts of other
scripts and combined.  I am not that good with scripts yet;)

Ron

Ronald R. McDaniel
Conecuh County Schools
(251) 578-7073 x26