[K12OSN] User access to local usb on FC5 + K12LTSP4.2 = imaginary files

Jim McQuillan jam at mcquil.com
Sun Apr 9 20:28:20 UTC 2006

still sounds like a group issue to me.

If the user isn't  part of the 'fuse' group, then the usb stick won't
really be mounted.
But, the mount point is still there.  SO, if you copy anything to it,
it'll actually be copied to your ~/Drives/mountpoint folder.  It'll
never copy to the actual usb stick.

Pick one of the users that isn't working, and pop open a terminal
session and run 'id' and see what groups the user is part of.

I'm guessing you won't see 'fuse' there.

Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org