[K12OSN] K12LTSP5 Beta1 feedback.

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Mon Apr 10 02:54:41 UTC 2006

On Sun, 9 Apr 2006, Luis Montes wrote:

> Ran yum update and noticed some ltsp stuff, so this feedback is based on what
> I think is the latest.
>
> Few things so far...
>
> 1.  ltspcfg showed that NFS wasn't correctly set up. I think some stuff got
> missed from /etc/exports

I'll double-check that, but it is not something to worry about. There should
be no need to run ltspcfg on a K12LTSP server.

> 2. The "named" service fails at bootup with a message about not finding
> /etc/named-k12ltsp.conf

I've been working on beta2 all weekend, I can't remember off the top of my
head if this was a problem with beta1 or one of my previous builds...  Having
named fail should not a critical error. But either way, this should fix it:

 	rpm -e --nodeps caching-nameserver-ltsp
 	yum install caching-nameserver-ltsp
 	/sbin/chkconfig named on
 	/sbin/service named start

> 3. The menus in icewm are empty except for a few things. This is very
> different than what KDE & Gnome have.
>   The icewm menus were also empty in last summers' build. Any thing I could
> do to help with that before this one goes final?

This is by design. The IceWM configuration is as minimalist as possible.
The "icemc" utility will let you edit the icewm menus to your liking.

> Still having trouble booting a client with this version, but as soon as I get
> one going I'll give more feedback on local device stuff.
>
> -Luis

-Eric