[K12OSN] Fedora Education Initiative Launch

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue Apr 11 13:16:29 UTC 2006

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 18:28:35 -0400, Warren Togami wrote
> I met David Trask and Matt Oquist at LinuxWorld Boston last week and
> we had a great discussion with a few other Red Hat folks about the current
> successes of K12LTSP and ways to improve the software and community
> around it.  This is significant because this is the first time we got
> other Red Hat people aware of and excited about the K12LTSP project,
> which today exposes Fedora to hundreds of schools and countless
> thousands of students worldwide.

This is awesome news!  I don't think I can yell that loud enough over email :-)

The current list of objectives gets me very excited, especially out of the box
Fedora directory server to work with all platforms.

Thanks David and Matt for reaching out to the Fedora team, and a huge thanks
to the Fedora team for listening.  This will be an awesome project.

I just joined the new education list and will eagerly listen in on the
conversations.