[K12OSN] Kubuntu LTSP 4.2 XDMCP Problems

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed Apr 12 13:39:40 UTC 2006

> You are missing an updated ltspcfg.
>
> the version of ltspcfg that you are using has a bug, where Xdmcp ALWAYS
> shows that it's not enabled.
>
> It has been fixed.  I'm pretty sure that the latest ltsp-utils
> package in Ubuntu's repository has the fix.  if not, then go to the
> LTSP wiki, and look at the ltsp-4.2 page, and download the ltsp-
> utils .deb package from there and install it.

How long ago was this updated?

I downloaded ltsp-utils_0.22_all.deb from ltsp.org on 4-11-06 at 2:57pm.  I
would think that would be new enough.

Like I said, this is a completely fresh install.  I wanted to follow Paul's
tutorial and look for any missed steps to help improve it.  So I wiped this
thing out and started over.

The only difference I see here is maybe that I am using Kubuntu, does using
KDE make any difference?