[K12OSN] IP based PA system?

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed Apr 12 14:39:34 UTC 2006

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 07:30:41 -0700, rmcdaniel wrote
> I just came accross this.
>
> http://www.digitalacoustics.com/ii3_talkmaster.htm#TMEE

Thanks.  I'll check it out.

I was actually hoping for something a little more rough.  Possibly how to
script this command line style.  Hoping that maybe I can build a linux box to
be the source of all of this and have teacher computers be sort of a dummy
client just recieving the broadcast and playing them.

Again, the purpose of the move is to save money, and spending money on a
refined solution won't be very popular.

Does anyone even have a simple command that would play a sound to other
clients?  How about something along the lines of how ltsp sends sound events
to clients?  I know from some messing around with the macs that you can set a
client to listen for certain events on port x, and then set the server to
broadcast certain sound events out to port x.  Could this be a start?