[K12OSN] Re: K12OSN] Dell Client boot trouble - NEWBIE

William Fragakis william at fragakis.com
Mon Apr 17 14:46:22 UTC 2006

Older Dells (at least the infamous GX1s) can be cured the same way we
also cured older Compaqs with mods to the /etc/xinetd.d/tftp
and /etc/sysctl.conf files. NICs running PXE versions 0.99b and older
seem to have the issue. You could reflash the BIOS or just do the file
mods.

see
http://morrisbrandon.com/index.php?name=BeeBoard&tid=2&pathext=Server%
20Files/