[K12OSN] removing shutdown and reboot from menus

Mon Apr 17 17:12:09 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 08:12 -0700, Eric Harrison wrote:
> Doug Simpson wrote:
> > I have seen this posted several times but . . .
> >
> > How can I remove the "Shutdown" and "Reboot" choices from the login screen
> > and also from the start menus of all clients and all desktops on an LTSP
> > server?

> Depends on if you are using GDM or KDM. GDM (the default), edit

How would I make shutdown/reboot affect the local terminal? I'd like
users to be able to shutdown (if running atx-boards) or reboot their
terminals if requiered? In a couple of places the pcs are hidden away
from users.

An PIR-sensor turns on the light for 45 minuts, and computer for 60
minuts, and every detection of movement keeps the light and computer on,
but if people leaves, they cannot shutdown - and some people haven't
realized that reboots are only for kernel-upgrades ;-)