[K12OSN] New Installation

Michael E. Jaggers" <mej@mindspring.com mej at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 18 17:16:10 UTC 2006

>I just installed K12ltsp on a sandbox server to try in my test environment.
>I used the default server installation for k12ltsp. The problem I am having
>is that my clients are not booting from the server. The network cards
>installed in the clients are Accton 1207D. Do I need special network cards
>to make this work?

The Accton 1207D is a Realtek 8139 based device (I have several).  Linux should not have any trouble using that card.

Unfortunately, the Accton 1207Ds I have seen do not come with a boot rom, which you need to boot from the local network.  If you do not have a boot rom installed, try going to ROM-o-matic.net, http://www.rom-o-matic.net/, where you can download disk images that will allow you to boot from the LTSP server.

Have fun!

Mike